Sexual Assault and Violent Crime Services
CIS provides counseling and support services for victims of violent crimes to help families, friends and loved ones begin to cope with their loss and navigate necessary systems and services for:
Other violent crimes
Crisis Intervention Services provides:
- Information and Referrals: Information to increase knowledge of community resources and programs available.
- Counseling and Support Groups: Short-term crisis counseling, advocacy, and support groups for survivors.
- Criminal/Legal Advocacy: Support during crime reports, criminal and civil court proceedings, and obtaining pro se protective orders.
- Economic Advocacy: Assistance with money management, job seeking and financial literacy courses.
- Medical Advocacy: Assistance in obtaining necessary medical services. Accompaniment and support during sexual assault examinations.
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) Coordination: Meetings held to create a coordinated response to sexual assault cases from victim advocates, law enforcement, medical services and legal services.
"My heart was pounding as I listened to the ringing of the crisis hotline phone. When I heard the feminine voice, I didn't know if I should hang up or word vomit everything. Should I pretend like the event never happened or spill every detail to a poor stranger? Choosing the latter, the listener validated my emotions and confirmed that the event was sexual assault. It was actually easier telling a stranger what happened than my mom because the stranger can't judge you. The listener asked to give my name and phone number to the campus advocates."
- College Sexual Assault Survivor
If you are in immediate need of assistance please call our hotline.
All Crisis Intervention services are free of charge and confidential.
Sexual Assault/Violent Crime Hotline: 1-800-270-1620.
To schedule an appointment with an advocate in person please call our Main Office at 641-673-0336. We can meet with you at our offices or a safe location.
"My advocate saved my life. She was there for me, fighting with an amazing amount of support. She took the time to keep up with me, even when I was too anxious or depressed to respond. She gave me a lifeline in a raging sea of a very messed up situation."
-Sexual Assault Survivor
"Thank you so much for all of this. You’ve helped me and continue to help me so much."
- Male Sexual Assault Survivor
"Thank you for EVERYTHING! I have referred many to your services! People don’t know what all you can do and I love to tell people. You were of great assistance to us when our world came crashing down."
-Parent of a minor sexual assault survivor