Volunteer and Donate
Crisis Intervention Services is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supported by local, state and federal grants and donations from individuals, organizations and corporations in our community.
We need your support in our efforts to end violence in the lives of others. All financial donations of any size are welcome and very much appreciated. Donations are tax deductible.
Donations may be dropped off at 500 High Ave W Oskaloosa, IA or call 641-673-0336 to arrange for pickup.
Crisis Intervention Services welcomes people to volunteer time and skills to help provide client services and community education.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Staff the shelter and answer the crisis line.
- Provide transportation to and from appointments.
- Help fundraising committee with activities.
- Provide outreach to the community by distributing brochures and business cards.
- Help design and distribute awareness flyers and posters.
- Help plan, organize and staff awareness activities.
- Be a member of the Board of Directors.
Some training is required for volunteers working directly with clients. If you have a special skill (e.g., cutting hair, plumbing, caring for children), we will work with you to tailor a volunteer opportunity that matches your talent and the hours you are capable of dedicating.
If you are interested in volunteering or need assistance arranging a donation drive, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator here or call our office at 641-673-0336.